Peelle's image processing services deliver conversion accuracy, image quality and security.
Images converted from paper, microfilm, microfiche and aperture cards often need further processing such as image enhancements, security additions and data extraction. Peelle has an extensive library of software tools, processes and the experienced staff to ensure your conversion project is completed with the highest levels of accuracy, image quality and security the industry has to offer.
Examples of Peelle’s image processing services include:
- Elimination of noise from digital images: noise can be picked up from carbon or dirt particles found in scanners, fax machines, or copiers. Peelle will remove this from your converted documents.
- Deskewing: our process will eliminate any slanted images so that the image will be square on a screen or page when printed.
- Despeckling: speckles often develop when a document is scanned; this process removes all speckles from the image to improve quality.
- Cropping: the edges of an image are trimmed as necessary.
- Black Border Removal: black edges that sometimes appear around the image during scanning or photocopying are removed.
- Rotation: the image can be rotated by 90, 180 or 270 degrees
Security Enhancements and Text Additions
- Annotations: graphic or text can be added as an overlay to a digital document that was not part of the original record
- Redaction: sensitive information can be temporarily or permanently bocked from viewing
- Watermarks: for security or copyright protection, bits are altered within an image to create a pattern which indicates proof of ownership
Image Output Processing
- Formatting images and index data for release to a database
- Output to an image-only or searchable PDF file format
- Transforming images into editable text using optical character recognition (OCR) software